Saturday, November 27, 2010

Los Hidalgos


Rachael calls these wonderful people her Costa Rican family - her Costa Rica Sister, Cindy, and her Costa Rica Mom, Hermana Hidalgo (doh, I don't know her first name!)


Cindy had two kids, I can't remember their names either, and Hermana Hidalgo is feeding my baby Lily here. It was great to have them over for the visit. Their son David, sulking on the stairs there, didn't eat anything, cause he wanted rice and beans and didn't want to try this strange food - stuffing, what's that?!?! I thought it was funny, cause we try to get our kids to eat all different kinds of food without complaint so that they will be able to eat with members on their missions without offending their hosts "Listen, you'll probably have to eat strange food on your mission, rice and beans! Learn to eat it now, you won't always be able to have chicken and gravy" I guess Costa Rican's work on that too, but they have to tell their kids the opposite thing "Listen, you'll probably eat strange food like chicken, gravy, and stuffing on your mission, so learn to eat it now - you won't always be able to have rice and beans!"

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaha if has all the reason, that i suffers if they were offended therefore, a lot of gives me shame!! but I believe that if in the mision will learn, at home is very delicate to eat too, many excuses truly I realy feel it. cindy

    ReplyDelete