Friday, November 26, 2010




Here is that gigantic "spider" or so I thought, it really is a whip scorpion, without the whip. It is the size of a tea platter. It scared the heck outta me, it didn't bother Melanie so much. We found out they are quite harmless. They only feed on other insects. YAHOO!!!!!

This is a Rufous-naped Wren it is the biggest of the 23 wren species living in Costa Rica. The songbird of the dry forest lives in family groups consisting of a mated pair and young from the previous year.
The funny little rascals are frequently seen as they boldly explore garden shrubs and our open kitchen contents. This little bird sings to me while I take my outside showers...which are SUCH a wonderful gift! I love to take my showers outside! I went outside one day because there wasn't any water coming out inside and ...ahhhh, it was heavenly. It has been something we all love to do now. Our favorite showering spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment